TSCC’s Membership Convention
It was in March 22, 2017 that the TSCC held its first Membership Convention at the Paria Suites Hotel and Conference Center in La Romaine. The event featured contributions from a range of speakers, including:
- The Mayor of San Fernando, His Worship The Mayor Alderman Junia Regrello;
- Chairman of Tanmiyat Investment Group, Mr. Sulyman Almajed;
- Acting Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Trade and Industry, Ms. Frances Seignoret on behalf of Senator the Honourable Paula Gopee Scoon;
- Former Acting Director of the Institute of International Relations, Dr. Anthony Gonzales;
- Chairman of the Trinidad Saudi Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Umar Khan;
- President of the Trinidad Saudi Chamber of Commerce, Mr Shazaad Mohammed;
- President General of the Anjuman Sunnat-ul-Jamaat Association (ASJA), Haji Yacoob Ali
- Founding Member of the Trinidad Saudi Chamber of Commerce, Dr. Aleem Mohammed
The Convention served to reemphasize the role of the TSCC in addressing the need for institutional mechanisms to promote cooperation between the Caribbean and Gulf Regions, bringing to light the need for greater diplomatic representation and also highlighting economic, social, cultural and tourism opportunities.
Their research provides an evidence base for developing policy and practice related to the welfare of families across Australia.